Sunday, September 22, 2013

 9/09/13
Hey family!!!! 

This week was a little bit harder but it's expected in missionary work. Satan was being a little punk and our top two progressing investigators, Kandi and Faye both dropped us. :( BUT they both still promised to read the book of Mormon. So there is still hope :)
I was feeling a little discouraged at one point because I recognize that I don't have much time left out here and I just want to be able to do as much as I can with the time I have left. However, I also recognize that Heavenly Father knows what is needed in this area at this time, so He will help us. Maybe we need to focus our efforts in a different area; maybe he needs us to grow and strengthen ourselves in a  different area to prepare us for something else. We have been feeling that we really need to focus on the ward this transfer; to build up their unity and to help ignite the fire for missionary work. We know it will not be easy but we feel strongly that this is where the Lord needs it to go right now. So we have plans and we are going to put them into action!
One plan we had was a copy of what we're all doing as missionaries. Beginning on September 11, the missionaries are all going to begin reading the book of mormon, reading 2 1/2 chapters or 5 pages a day and finish by Christmas day. So we would like to initiate that with the ward to help build ward unity as they all work on the book of mormon. Plus it builds your spiritual strength. Anyway, we have other ideas as well!

Happy story of the week deals with Michael. He came to church this week and brought two of his friends!! Tyler seemed to enjoy it but he has a lot of little nit-picky things he was pointing out. Either way, he felt the spirit countless times and he recognized that, so hopefully he won't forget that. Jeff truly enjoyed church. He is 27 and hasn't come to church since he was 10. He just moved to Tennessee a month ago and has been trying to find out what he needs to do in life. As we were sitting in gospel principles, we were discussing the Gift of the Holy Ghost. They described in the book that the Holy ghost will most often be described as, "i just had a feeling.." Jeff read that and in amazement said, "That's what I keep saying!" Wheels started turning for him. At the end of class he asked me when church was again. I told him the next sunday and he said, "What? That's so far away!" So we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and set up a time to meet with him and Michael later that day. Hearts are being prepared! I really do feel that he came to tennessee for a reason. He said he came out to tennessee on a whim. He had called his mother, scared of what o do with his life and she said that if he was scared, he needed to go to church, and then michael invited him to go, he came, and now he's begining a journey of self-discovery and truth. We are excited for him. 

My new companions are wonderful and I truly just love them. We have a lot of fun together. They love to laugh and they have a deep passion for this gospel, taking it to all of tennessee!!

I attached a pic of my comps.

I love ya'll so much!!!!
Sister Valerie Preston